Thank you for your generosity!
Those who wish to donate to the pantry can find an option below that works best for them. Please also see our volunteer hours if you are a student or community member interested in donating your time or talents to the sustainability of the Oglethorpe Food Pantry.
- Petey’s Pantry accepts donations of non-perishable, shelf-stable food items and personal care products. Starting Spring 2023, we can accept small, refrigerated items. We currently cannot accept items past their sell-by or best-by dates, items that have been previously opened, or items that are damaged.
- View our Amazon Wishlist.
- To make a monetary donation, please either mail donations to Advancement or visit Give – Support (oglethorpe.edu) and designate your gift to “Petey’s Pantry.” The University will send you an acknowledgment letter for your tax-deductible donation.
- Drop- off Locations:
- TLCC Student Commons front desk
- TLCC Classroom 106
- Philip Weltner Library main desk during typical business hours
- Please contact [email protected] to inquire about scheduling a donation pickup or food drive efforts.
- Mailed in-kind donations should be sent to: Food Pantry, 4484 Peachtree Road NE, Brookhaven, GA 30319.
- Staff and faculty interested in volunteering their time and expertise are welcome to reach out to [email protected].
- Food appropriate for diverse diets, including halal, kosher, gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free, etc.
- Variety of canned fruits and vegetables
- Microwavable rice
- Stocks, broths, bases, and sauces of all kinds
- Canned soup
- Boxed mac + cheese, other ready-to-eat meals
- Breakfast items (cereals, oatmeal, grits, granola, etc.)
- Boxed milk, evaporated milk, and unsweetened alternative milks
- Cooking supplies (oils, flour, spices, etc.)
- Fruit preserves and spreads
- Can openers
- Household Items (e.g. bar soap, toilet paper, paper towels, toothpaste, menstrual products, mouthwash, variety of shampoos/conditioners (curly hair friendly), deodorants, facial tissues, shaving cream)