Petey’s Pantry is a donation funded Food Pantry formed from a subcommittee of the Student Government Association. The purpose of Petey’s Pantry is to provide a healthy and sustainable environment in which all Oglethorpe students, regardless of income, are being offered food, water and supplies necessary to maintaining a happy and healthy experience at Oglethorpe.
All Oglethorpe students enrolled in the current semester are eligible to place and receive orders. If you do not meet this requirement, please email [email protected] so that we can connect you to additional resources.
While the Food Pantry is need-blind and does not require income or financial aid information to be served, in order to be able to make our supplies last and meet the current high demand, we ask that you consider whether the Food Pantry is right for you.
The Food Pantry should be used by any student who:
- is food insecure
- may be facing a change in employment status
- is currently in quarantine or isolation without the financial means to order food
Orders can be placed through this form!
Petey’s Pantry has non-perishable foods and drinks, as well as personal care products and toiletry items like toothpaste, razors, deodorant and more. When filling out the order form, you will be able to see in-stock products.
*We’ll be launching refrigerated and frozen items by early March and will keep you informed.
Nothing! Petey’s Pantry is completely free to all eligible students.
At this time, you can expect to place two-three orders a month. Please email [email protected] if you have questions or need additional support.
Fill out the online feedback form.
You can place an order online at any time! You will receive an email from [email protected] when your order is ready to be picked up. Below are the hours where you can typically pick up your order. If these times do not work, we will coordinate with you.
- Mondays, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Thursdays, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturdays, 2p.m. to 7 p.m.
- The Suthers Center Food Pantry (open each Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.) is the closest Atlanta Community Food Bank partner to Oglethorpe University, located at St. Martin in the Fields Episcopal Church (3110 Ashford Dunwoody Rd. NE, Atlanta, GA 30319).
- Text ‘FindFood’ or ‘Comida’ to 888-976-2232 for food pantries nearest to you.
- We’d love to partner with you around your philanthropic and civic engagement efforts. Please complete the Volunteer Sign-up Form and we’ll get back to you. If you have specific requests or questions, you can always email us.
- We have monthly meetings in the TLCC Student Commons, every 1st Tuesday of the month at 2pm. You are welcome to join us!
- Follow us on Instagram, @peteyspantry, join us on OU Connect, and email us at [email protected].
- Visit the Food Pantry webpage.
If you have questions, concerns or emergency needs, you can contact [email protected] Mon.-Fri., 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.