Oglethorpe University requires all students to have insurance coverage and insurance coverage must continue as long as the student is enrolled.

  • Students may be covered under a family policy or a private carrier.
  • If you are not otherwise covered, you should consider purchasing a health insurance policy from an established provider. Visit for more information.
  • Those eligible may also receive coverage through Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), which offers free or low-cost health coverage to qualifying low-income, elderly, and disabled Americans.

Students should keep a copy of their insurance card with them and be familiar with their plan. If you need assistance with finding health insurance on your own, please feel free to contact us for guidance.

If you are on your parents’ health care plan, make sure that you have “away from home” coverage if you do not live locally. You will need a copy of their insurance card and a copy of their prescription card if applicable.

For further questions, please contact us at [email protected].