Welcome to the Oglethorpe University food pantry, Petey’s Pantry!
The Oglethorpe University Student Food Pantry provides free non-perishable food and personal care items to Oglethorpe students in need. As a student-focused organization, our main priority is helping our fellow Petrels who are in need and currently experiencing food injustice.
Food Pantry Objectives
- Creating a safe space to distribute good quality and nutritious supplemental food to current Oglethorpe University students.
- Creating and promoting a space on campus dedicated to food donation collection.
- Collecting good quality and nutritious food items (donations) that may otherwise go to waste to enhance sustainability initiatives on campus.
- Raising awareness around hunger and food justice issues, especially as experienced by college students.
- Encouraging student engagement to foster a sense of community, volunteerism, and service to peers on campus.